We’ll be adding to this resource throughout the day on 3 July 2018
Welcome to the second workshop of our 360Giving data journey!
Previous week: Resources for check-in #3 - Cleaning Data
The data journey is a programme designed to help you learn how to use data to support decision making. Over the eight weeks, we will learn the basics of data and data analysis, including asking questions, finding, analysing and visualising data, and presenting stories so people can take action. The first workshop will give you a grounding and a chance to meet your fellow participants. Our workshops are interactive, you’ll be “learning by doing”, so expect to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
In this workshop we’ll be covering analysis and visualisation - here are the handouts:
Tools to visualise and analyse data:
- WTFcsv tells you WTF is going on with your .csv file
- RAW makes it easy to visualise complex data
- Data Wrapper enriches your stories with charts, in seconds
- Tableau Public creates interactive data visualisations for the web
- The story behind the story: Obstacles and promising techniques in storytelling for transparency and accountability
- Data visualisation: Truth or interpretation?
- Visual analysis best practices: Simple techniques for making every data visualization useful and beautiful
- “Data journey” data on Google Drive