A series of updates to guidance text are being proposed to the 360Giving Standard documentation.
- Removing section on templates, as duplication of information provided in reference pages.
- Link to Comma-separated value file templates-csv (.csv) and reference to CSV template structure. (to resolve issue 360G-00046 #237)
- General improvements to clarity of text
- Added worked example of using multiple rows to update grants data (to resolve issue 360G-00036 #149)
- Updating from ‘schema’ to ‘schemas’ where guidance is relevant to both package and main schema.
Improving clarity and examples provided.
- Updating examples used for organisation and grant identifiers.
- Clarification that publisher prefixes should start 360G (to resolve issue 360G-00056 #34)
- Adding guidance on how to create grant identifiers
- Adding guidance for creating org IDS for organisations without official registration numbers
- Adding link to Northern Ireland Local Authority org ID list.
Changes made to all pages
- Correcting hyperlinks to pointing to secure versions (https://).
- When linking to external websites, updated to open in a new window.
- Constituency of brand - referring to 360Giving Data Standard throughout.
Included in the pull request are minor text changes to non-normative page licensing
and replacement of ‘Get data’ page with a new Using data page which links to further information for Analysts and Developers now hosted on 360Giving website: https://www.threesixtygiving.org/data/using-360giving-data/
The full pull request with all changes noted can be found here: https://github.com/ThreeSixtyGiving/standard/pull/306
These are changes to the guidance which improve its clarity and usefulness. As these neither introduce new features nor break backwards-compatibility the changes can be approved using the PATCH process.
I have approved the changes acting as a member of 360Giving team. In order to make these changes to the live version of the 360Giving Data Standard these changes also need to be approved by a member of the Standard Stewardship Committee.
Any comments or queries about these changes, please post below.