A series of small changes are being proposed to the 360Giving schema and package schema.
Changes to the 360-giving-package-schema.json
- Update to ‘Issued’ and ‘Modified’ field descriptions to include reference to the required date formatting (to resolve issue 360G-00075 #298)
- Correction of typo to Publisher Identifier field description.
Changes to 360-giving-schema.json
Improved descriptions for geolocation fields
- countryCode: Clarification that uses 2 character ISO-3166-1-alpha-2 code (to resolve issue 360G-00032 #90)
- Organisation address fields: Clarification that these are organisation address fields (to resolve issue #111)
- Longitude/Latitude: Clarification that uses WGS 84 standard for coordinates with example value (to resolve issue 360G-00043 #216)
- geoCode: Providing example of gazetteer and link to ONS Register of Geographic Codes.
Update hyperlinks in field descriptions directing to identifier guidance
- Organization ID
Updating field description to use ‘must’ in place of ‘should’ when describing formatting requirements (as per RFC2119)
- Start Date
- End Date
- Award Date
- Last Modified
Adding summary descriptions (previously blank) to the following additional fields
- Funding Org:Location
- Recipient Org:Location
- Related Document
- Funding Type
Add reference to required date formatting to the following additional field summary descriptions.
- Actual Dates
- Planned Dates
The full pull request with all changes noted can be found here: https://github.com/ThreeSixtyGiving/standard/pull/305
These are small changes to the description text to improve clarity of the guidance. As these neither introduce new features nor break backwards-compatibility the changes can be approved using the PATCH process.
I have approved the changes acting as a member of 360Giving team. In order to make these changes to the live version of the 360Giving Data Standard these changes also need to be approved by a member of the Standard Stewardship Committee.
Any comments or queries about these changes, please post below.