This post is to share a Pull Request containing a MINOR update to the 360Giving Schema and the 360Giving Standard Documentation for review by the Stewardship Committee and 360Giving community. The committee has already approved the proposed updates at the last Standard Stewardship Committee meeting on Friday 11 November 2022.
These update will a introduce field to the Standard that enables grantmakers to specify when the scope of a grant’s location. This is achieved by adding:
- a new field, Location Scope, which allows a publisher to describe the scope of this grant’s location;
- a new codelist, Location Scope, which is used in the aforementioned new field.
In addition, this update provides a new documentation section on Location Scope in the Codelists documentation and makes edits to existing content to include Location Scope.
Also included in the pull request are small bug fixes to in the Codelist guidance:
- To clarify that multiple Grants to Individuals Purpose codes can be included in the same field with semicolon separation;
- Adding link to Regranting publisher guidance from the Codelist page;
- Correcting an error in the example table.
This is the ‘Final Review’ stage as set out in the 360Giving Data Standard revision process, which states that proposed updates be made available for review by the committee and the 360Giving community for at least two weeks before final approval.
Please feel free to post comments or raise any queries or points of clarification.